Article 24 (Establishment and function of the Council)
- The Citizen Council for Human Rights Improvement (hereinafter referred to as "Council") shall be installed to review and advise for matters related to the citizen's human rights and fostering of human rights city
- The Council shall review and advise on the matters corresponded to each of following clauses
- Matters related to the basic plan and establishment of the human rights improvement
- Matters related to the plan to foster human rights city
- Matters related to the assessment of the impacts on the human rights
- Matters related to the promotion of the policy in accordance with the basic plan
- Other matters submitted by co-chairmen if they recognize that it is necessary
Article 25 (Composition)
- The Council shall be composed of around 20 members including 2 co-chairmen
- The Mayor and the civilian representative are take in charge of co-chairmen, and the civilian representative is selected among the members. The mayor and the director of the department managing the social welfare works shall become ex-officio members and the other members shall be appointed by the Mayor among the people corresponded to following clauses.
- The persons recommended by the City Council (2 persons)
- The person recommended by the cicil society (4 persons)
- The person recommended by the human rights organization (4 persons)
- The person recommended by the national agency for human rights violation relief (4 persons)
- Other persons who have the knowledge and experiences on the human rights improvement (4 persons)
- The term for appointed members shall be 2 years but serving consecutive term is allowed and the term of the supplementary member shall be remaining term of predecessor
- The subcouncil can be established to promote the efficiency of the council management like the professional review of the matters
- If it is necessary, the Council can request submitting the data or other necessary cooperations to the related institution or relevent experts
Article 26 (Jobs of chairman)
The chairman represents the council and manages the works of the council, and the co-chairmen shall perform the duty of chairman besed on the spirit of mutual consultation
Article 27 (Operation)
- The meeting of the Council shall be classified as ordinary meeting and extraordinary meeting
- The ordinary meeting shall be convened 4 times a year and the extraordinary meeting shall be convened when the Mayor requests or the civilian co-chairman recognizes that it is necessary or when more than one third of the members are request it.
- The meeting of the Council shall be valid when the majority of the current members are present and resolved when the more than two third of the current members vote in favor
- The council should record and make available the minutes, and disclose the results and contents. However, the Council can kept undisclosed if the Council resolves it for the important reasons such as protection of privacy.
- The persons who aprticipate in the meeting of the Council shall not disclose the secret obtained during the duty.
Article 28 (Guarantee of the term)
- The council member shall not receive any unfair interference, which affect the activities of the Council.
- The Mayor cannot cancel the appointment of the council members unless they are fall into any of following clauses.
- When the council member dies during his term
- When the council member cannot perform his duty by the reason required long-term treatment, etc.
- When the Council resolved that the member damaged the dignity of the Council with the activities against the human rights.
Article 29 (Administrative secretary)
- To deal with the administrative works of the Council, the Council appoints the administrative secretary.
- The administrative secretary shall become an official of human rights and deal with the administrative works according to the direction of the chairman
Article 30 (Assessment of the impacts on the human rights)
- The Council can demands the assessment of the impacts on the human rights to the Mayor when it is jusged that the ordinance or policy to be enacted or planned to make by the Mayor affect the citizen's human rights improvement considerably.
- The Mayor should accept the demand unless there is any specific reason when the Mayor was demanded accroding to the Clause 1.
Article 31 (Allowance and travel expenses)
When the council member who is not the city public official attends the Council or travels for official business, the allowance and travel expenses can be paid according to the "Ordinance on the Formation and Operation of the Gwangju Metropolitan City Committees, etc."
Council Member of Citizen Council for Human Rights Improvement
|1||Gwanju Metropolitan City||Mayor||Kang Woon-Tae||M||Ex Officio Chairman|
|2||Gwangju Foreign Worker Center||Representative||Lee Cheol-Woo||M||Co-Chairman|
|3||Gwanju Metropolitan City Council||City Council Memeber||Kang Eun-Mi||F|
|4||Gwanju Metropolitan City Council||City Council Memeber||Kim Young-Woo||M|
|5||Gwangju Solidarity Against Disability Discrimination||Executive Representative||Kim Yong-Mok||M|
|6||Graduate School of Law at Cheonnam National University||Professor||KIm Tae-Bong||M|
|7||Department of Operation Treatment at Gwangju University||Professor||Kim Hwang-Yong||M|
|8||Gwangju Temporary Worker Center||Director||Myeong Deung-Ryong||M|
|9||Gwngju Citizen's Society Anti-Academic Clique||Representative||Park Goh Hyeong Joon||M|
|10||Gwanju Metropolitan City||Director of Welfare and Health Office||Park Hyang||F|
|11||Gwangju Metropolitan City Social Welfare Council of the Confederation of Gwangju Civic and Social Organization||Representative Chairman||Bang Cheol-Ho||M|
|12||Gwangju Alliance of Progressive Movement Gwangju Regional Headquarter of Federation of Trade Unions||Representative Director||Baek Jeong-Nam||M|
|13||Gwangju Womenlik||Representative||Baek Hee-Jeong||F|
|14||Center for Public Interest & Human Rights Law at Chonnam National University||Center director||Ahn Jin||F|
|15||Gwangju Human Rights Office of National Human Rights Council||Director||Lee Jeong-Gang||M|
|16||Gwangju-Jeonnam Branch of Lawyers for the Democratic Society||Branch director||Lim Seon-Sook||F|
|17||Gwangju Citizen Center||Representative||Jang Hwa-Dong||M|
|18||Gwangju Women's Hot Line||Representative||Chae Sook-Hee||F|
|19||Gwangju Human Rights Movement Center Gwangju Branch Office of Research Institute of the Differently Abled Person's Right in Korea||Representative Branch director||Choi Wan-Wook||M|
|20||Gwangju Branch Office of the Parents Meeting for True Education of the Council of Gwangju Civic Organizations||Co-representative Branch Director||Choi Eun-Soon||F|