'Human rights City Monitoring Corp' shall be managed so that the value of the human rights can be realized in the citizen's living by examining the policy of the human rights city and the condition of the human rights, etc and seek the improvement tasks
- Seek the improvement cases (actual conditions) such as human rights policy, the vulnerable area of the human rights, etc. through the monitoring of human rights city, and reflect them in the city policy to protect and improve the citizen's human rights
- Realize the value of the human right in the citizen's living by improving the consciousness of the human rights of the city members
- Conduct the monitoring by diverse areas where the citizen council members for human right improvement, experts, activists in the site, activists of the civic and social organizations, etc. participate to the monitoring activities having diverse perspectives such as the policy of the human rights city, actual condition of the site, etc.
Management of the monitoring corp
- Compose and manage the 'Human Rights City Monitoring Corp', which can monitoring the policy of the human rights city and actual condition of the site
- Compose it so that the diverse areas such as activists (member), citizens, etc. can participate in
- Human rights activists, experts, disabled, elderlies, youth, immigrant by marriage, North Korean defectors, etc.
- Monitoring not only the promotion situations of human rights policy of the human right city policy in the diverse perspectives but also the value aimed by the policy, the recognition of the persons subject to the policy, the human right improvement effects of the citizen, etc.
- Conduct the site investigations by identifying the monitoring request of the civic and social organizations on the tasks closely related to the living such as the public facilities, multiple-use facilities, etc.
- If the actual condition of the human rights is needed to identify by devotion index out of the human right indexes, conduct the questionnaire survey through the site activities (the satisfaction of the residents in the welfare facilities, etc)
- Preparation of the questionnaires, the generation of data, etc. shall be managed by separate professional institution)
- Monitoring the impacts on the human rights in the process of building public facilities (Park, roads, buildings, etc.) ordered by the City
- Strive actively in order for the Gwangju Human Rights Charter and the human rights indicators to be smeared in the living, and concentrate on the promotion of the consciousness of the human rights and finding out the matters to improve the human rights
Management and Activities
- Monitoring corp shall be managed permanently through out the year, and shall conduct the monitoring by participating relevant area monitoring team according to the characteristics of the task to be monitored.
- Monitoring shall be conducted by each area or entire team after preparing checklists and conducting monitoring education.
- The educational source book related to the monitoring project shall be produced and utilized by the member of the monitoring corp (human rights city, role and contents of the activities of monitoring corp, etc.)
- Perform monitoring utilizing checklists by the task and report the results to the City and Citizen Council for Human Rights Improvement
- When visiting the institution and facilities, it should be notified in advance and if necessary, perform together with the Citizen Council for Huamn Rights Improvement
- If the improvement is required, the monitoring results should be notified to the institution or facilities visited, and for the matters to be improved urgently, the improvement shall be urged by fixing due date.
- The activities of the monitoring corp shall be shared with competent institutions, etc. and the matters violating the human rights shall be improved connecting with Human Rights Ombudsman.