- Golbalize the spirit of Gwangju as the city of democracy, human rights and peace
- Reinforce the interchange and cooperation among the domestic and overseas human rights cities
- Demanded by the participant cities and organizations in “2012 World Human Rights City Forum”
Proposals of the declaration of human rights city (May 17, 2012)
“We recommend the Gwangju City to play the leading role constantly by holding the World Human Rights City Forum, the place for communication and the introspection among the diverse interested parties in the world.”
- Build the consensus to become an sustainable human rights city in the diverse aspects such as economy, society, environment, etc.
- Promote the development to a human rights city by preparing a place for the persons related to the domestic and overseas human rights cities and groups, and the international human rights organizations, and to find the measures to improve the human rights.
- Build the network with the international human rights city, groups and international organizations to diffuse and develop the values of democracy, human rights and the peace, the identity of Gwangju City, domestically and globally.
- Establish the identity of the human rights city and build the happy creative city and the human rights community where the human rights are living and breathing, and the citizens' participation and happiness are being pursued.